Friday, March 10, 2017

Activate Intel Igp With Discrete Graphics

I lately built myself an r/averagebattlestation to travel on. It was built using a minute mitt i5 3330 on a Gigabyte H61 Motherboard, only this take away should utilise to well-nigh modern Intel systems.



After installing my GPU (AMD Radeon 5770) I wondered if I could role the VGA output on the motherboard to crusade a tertiary screen. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 quick google made me believe it would endure possible, in addition to thence I ready out to configure my 3 hide average battlestation.

The start affair yous volition take away to produce is brand certain that yous bring a CPU that has an integrated graphics processor. Google is your friend here, only well-nigh modern Core i cpu's volition bring one.

Secondly, yous volition take away to uncovering out how to access your motherboard's BIOS. On my machine, spamming the DEL push piece powering on the organization does the trick.

On my Gigabyte board I had to larn to the Peripherals tab in addition to modify the "Internal Graphics" selection from "Auto" which agency it is disable if at that spot is a discrete GPU, to "Enabled", which forces it to enabled. I likewise ready the "Init Display First" value to "PEG" which is PCI Express Graphics.



I am instantly happily rocking 3 screens on this ageing machine.