Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Windows Ten - Ati Radeon Xpress 1150

I simply spent the end three hours trying to become a working driver for an ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 installed on an quondam Dell Inspiron running Windows 10-64bit.

None of the links on give-and-take blogs look to piece of occupation anymore, together with the WDM exclusively driver from AMD did non truly comprise whatever driver (as far equally I could tell)

Here are the steps I followed to become the driver to install:

Download from DROPBOX or:


  1. Visit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
  2. Input the next selections
    1. Integrated Motherboard Graphics
    2. Radeon Xpress Series
    3. Radeon Xpress 1150 (though I dont intend it matters)
    4. Windows Vista - 64bit (the download volition comprise both 32 together with 64bit)
    5. Display Results


Make certain to choose the amount Catalyst Software Suite, the WDM integrated driver did non piece of occupation for me.

Once the download is finished, run the setup. I simply went for the limited settings, since, on Windows 10 it does non truly install the driver anyway. Alternatively y'all tin operate a programme similar 7zip to extract the packet without installing, but I similar having the Control Center installed.

After installing, opened upward up Device Manager, together with nether Display Adapters, notice the ane titled "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

Right click on it, together with choose properties.

Click on the "Driver" tab together with thence click "Update Driver"
Select "Browse my figurer for driver software"
Click "Let me pick from a listing of available drivers on my computer"
Click "Have Disk"
Click "Browse"
Navigate to C:\ATI\Support\10-2_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF
USE LH_INF for 32bit systems
Click "Open"
Click "OK"
Click "Next" together with complete out the prompts.